If you’re like the majority of people you don’t think too much about the parts of a refrigerator unless it stops cooling, or unless it comes time to buy a new model. In order to get the most use possible from this important appliance it can be extremely useful to know exactly how it keeps your food and drinks cold—and Key Glendale Appliance Repair is here to help.
Read on to find out everything you need to know concerning how refrigerators work, how it cools your food and if it is the time to hire refrigerator repair Glendale.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There are not many homes that do not feature a refrigerator in the kitchen. It has been a must-own household appliance for many years. A residential refrigerator stores your food and drinks at the best temperature, in order to eliminate spoiling and stop the growth of harmful bacteria. The concept of refrigeration works by moving the heat from inside of the unit to the outside, by relying on principles of condensation and evaporation.
The standard components of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Key Glendale Appliance Repair:
The compressor is a combination of a pump and motor, and it is responsible for the circulation of refrigerant in the system.
The compressor is a very important piece of a refrigerator. You should call a professional company if the compressor is broken.
The refrigerator condenser is found on the rear exterior wall of the appliance and will help to release the heat absorbed from within the refrigerator out in the air.
The refrigerator evaporator is stored in the interior of a refrigerator where it absorbs heat contained inside of it, effectively reducing the temperature inside.
Right when the evaporator stops working, it’s time to enlist a professional. Do not wait too long.
Liquified coolant is transported through a capillary tube that acts as an expansion tool as it cools the gas, thereby transforming it into liquid.
The thermostat will regulate the temperature in the interior of a refrigerator, starting the cooling period as it is needed.
The thermostat inside of a refrigerator is often prone to breaking. Troubleshoot and call a repairman in Glendale for service right when an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature within the refrigerator goes higher than the set point sensors signal the compressor to begin, and then the next cooling period starts. The unit attracts the cool liquified refrigerant, condenses and pressurizes the refrigerant, and increases the temperature, turning it into a gas.
2. The compressor unit guides the heated gas in the direction of the refrigerator condenser coils on the exterior of the unit, at which point it comes into contact with the lower air temperature in the kitchen and transforms to a liquified state.
3. The cooled liquified gas then continues its trip towards the refrigerator evaporator, pushing through the many coils in the inside of the appliance and top freezer section.
4. The refrigerant absorbs the hot air from within the appliance, reducing the temperature until it has reached the correct set point.
5. The coolant then evaporates, and turns back into a gas form, and then returns to the compressor unit in order to then continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is often found in several applications and large appliances, including heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and freezers. By extracting warmth from a single location and relocating it to a different one the cycle of refrigeration aids in cooling a house, provides a optimal environment for food that is perishable, and helps with manufacturing and storage of many different everyday products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator require repair? You can schedule an appointment with Key Glendale Appliance Repair.
Key Glendale Appliance Repair will repair almost all major brands and models of refrigerators – that includes restaurant models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our experienced appliance repairmen in Glendale are trained to repair cooling problems, ice makers, condensation, puddles and leaks, bulbs, digital controls, smart synchronization and numerous other issues. We everything about refrigerator repair! 100% satisfaction guaranteed!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working